First Playable


Well, I think I have nearly got unity! This week we were tasked with making a playable. Now its not perfect or how my original idea envisioned it but I am really happy with it! 


opening scene
Okay so there is still a lot I am finding difficult... such as the code and trying to make the exact scenes I have thought about. There is still a lot but I am slowly getting through each dilemma. What I am hoping to do is look though more tutorials about how to make the game play as perfect as possible for this game. 


My targets are so far going pretty well. My first target was this. To learn how to use unity and create a good scene and i think i have done this (considering how badly i was doing previous) for next week I am hoping to have my next two scenes complete and the final part of my plan is to have the code up to scratch in order for my game to work.   

  
more into the game

But for now I am quite happy with where I am as of now even if it took me over 3 hours to do that 'simple' looking game. I have still quite a far bit to go compared to others but for me this is a really big accomplishment for me as thinking of Unity makes me extremely anxious and worried. But right now I am happy with my targets and my work all i need to do is check the code of how to make it play smoothly 

But that's all for now! 
see you next week :) 
jen

Comments

  1. Hi Jen,

    You should definitely be proud of what you have done so far. You can tell that you're putting a lot of effort into figuring Unity out which is all that matters. The anxious feeling will go away gradually as you move forward with your game so try not to put too much pressure on yourself, we're all beginners at the end of the day.

    As for your game design, I think it looks really good so far. You should definitely continue to look for more assets that will help you develop your level design. Look for similar projects online that you can download and check out the code for things like player movement or whatever you may struggle with.

    I am looking forward to seeing how you surprise yourself with your game and to see how it develops so good luck moving forward.

    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,

    Well, Well, Well Jen I see that you are really working hard and you have got a good game coming along and I am very amazed to see how much you where able to accomplish in only 3 hours. You should be very proud of your work that you have done so far because I can honestly say that I could not have done a better version of that myself. I see how you good you are trying to make this thing work and I think that you should not give up because you have something amazing going on in unity.

    If you have any problems with the coding, can I suggest that you look at the tutorial on the unity website because they have some problems fixing videos I would like to recommend you watch because you continue on your game.

    Anyway it is looking good so please keep go ahead. I am looking forward to how you continue next week

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen.
    I really loved reading you blog today and found it to be very interesting and well written.
    I myself have had a lot of problems with unity during this module bit I was impressed that you actually got past most of your problems and have a good game now. you did a heck of a lot of work in 3 hours and should be very proud of yourself.
    well done and I look forward to reading more of you blogs in the near future
    Regards Aaron Comiskey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment