Game Stories



https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zJonHY5BcTQ/maxresdefault.jpg


Hello again! 

Today I was reading the reading's we have for this week and found out both links just didn't have any reading's on them so instead I have read the reading 'stories and games'. 


The first point I found interesting was the concept of "fun". Surprisingly the only purpose of game design is not to make it fun but to make some games be critically successful in their DESIGN goals rather than making it fun. Reading this made me realise how true this was every game I've played I have enjoyed because of the design- I wont play a game if the design is crap. 



The second point I liked is that "so called art games''. These games are made for the purple of artistic expression instead of entertainment. Which is beginning to reach a critical mass. There are many people that are extremely talented doing interesting things in the area at them moment. There is a lot of potential avenues yet to be explored.This is making the art games a wonderful opportunity looking to establish themselves as designers. 



But that's all I can talk about today as my other readings didn't work. 

see yous soon :)




link:https://learn.canvas.net/courses/3/pages/level-8-introduction-and-readings?module_item_id=44573

Comments