Prototype






Hi guys! 


I’m back today to talk about my prototype! Exciting! 
As you know from last week I was working on my GDD (game design document) 


which went into a lot of detail of what I had to do in order to achieve my perfect game. 


Since then I’ve been trying to work on unity to get started and get feedback from people on 

how my game works but instead I’m stuck again on unity.
 Where do I start? What do I do ? Where is that button gone?  

To be quite honest unity will be the reason I drop out I hate it.
 It’s the one thing I can’t wrap my head around no matter how many tutorials I look at. 
Unity to me is like Irish I think I’ve just a mental block that I need to break to try get 

myself to understand unity
tutorials 











But for now I’m gone back to the basics of reading though unity forums online 

on how to do things it’s my only way of figuring out at this point. 
So there isn’t much positive in my prototype of my unity game as I haven’t much 

Below is a detailed drawing off my player ruining from the enemy (time) while

dodging silly little things like books etc. 






But I have designed my layout and the objects off the game. 












My targets are way behind with the difficulty I am finding with unity I 

am falling behind on my little target schedule as of this week I would of like 
to have the basics done for my game but unfortunately I don’t.
I'm hoping to stay back for the lab this week to try get a on the right track of
 getting this unity game done.     

Comments

  1. Hi Jen !

    First off great blog ! Easy to read and follow ! Also yeah Unity is a pain in the ass, I started them last week and I was still doing them Thursday, so I feel you pain. Hopefully you'll be able to catch up ! Anyway on to your game idea, I really like it !

    The idea of being a college student, dodging irresponsibly is a really neat idea, since being in college is stressful.

    I have one question though, how you thought about this idea in 3d ? I'm look at the drawing and thinking "That's great but how will the 3d effect this ?". You got to be careful with that otherwise you'll end up with Mega Man X 7 and trust me there's a reason why you've never heard of that game.

    One way of fixing that is to simply remember that this a 3d game and how that effect you idea. can the player figure out if they jump over an obstacle by just looking at the hole and without trial and error ?

    Anyway I still think you've got a great idea for your game ! Can't wait to read your blog in the future.

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment