Week 9 Reading and Writing




Hello again! 
Week nine already? Wow what a quick semester this is. Kind of scary how quickly it's going!
This week I am talking about 'looking back' on our last 9 weeks full of readings and our blog. I actually have really enjoyed most of the readings, some are extremely boring but others have extremely good points the best reading I have read is the GDD. I love writing up the blogs filled with my thoughts after reading not only because it's enjoyable but it helps you remember a lot of valid points. As much as I slate unity in every single post I am happy doing the game project...why? Well because it's COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone it's something that has never crossed my mind to do something like this.  But saying that I have enjoyed the satisfaction of doing this project. My biggest accomplishment for this class I think is handling the workload. Some might not think its much but I really think I would struggle with this module- I like to be organized and have my moodle cleared off any upcoming uploads and so far this year I haven't been able to clear it because there is a new upload almost everyday with this module. But for the last 9 weeks I have been able to keep on top of it and do it to high standards. So that's what I feel like I accomplished...better time management. 
This is one of my favourite images due to the fact of when I sat doing this I was stuck on "how the hell am I going to make THAT into something somewhat decent? ". I like it because it shows the beginning of a project will always be scary and bad looking but after a few hours and hard work put into it it begins to look like below.

This is one of my favorite images from this whole blog. I like it because shows the process and development of this game, and as mentioned above it really is a great image to show the process from beginning to middle. Just need to get to the finishing point now! 


Looking forward to the last leg of our semester I think I would like to perfect my game to as best I can. I finally have the grasp of Unity so I would like to improve even more on the game. I would also like to see if I could get some of the extra credit work in. One thing I do really want would be more feedback from Shuan himself as sometimes I don't know whether my work is to the standards of a good grade- or is my game at the level and quality it should be at. But really that is all I have to say looking back and looking forward. I have nothing else to say so  thanks i guess 



But for now week 9's reflection is complete. See yous soon for my next blog!
jen :)

Comments

  1. Hi Jen,

    I know what you mean about the Readings. Sometimes they can be a pain, but often they have little gems in there that really end up being helpful! Looking back on progress so far is so insightful. It's so easy to forget just how much work you've put in. Taking a moment to look back and appreciate your hard work is well deserved.

    Fair play on keeping up with all of the uploads. I fell behind a few times myself, so I've real admiration for anyone that has managed to stay on top of things.

    -Ultan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment