Reading 2 Planning my Approach



Hello and welcome back to my blog! 

For this weeks task I was faced with planning my approach for the book the class and I are writing. How do I do this? Well I chose my two topic points...


  1.  Goals of Character Design (Avatar)
  2.  The Relationship between player and avatar 

At first I was lost and hadn't a clue how to do this ...how to I plan ? So when staring at my screen for way to long I turned to pen and paper and began to get somewhere with planning an approach. 
my brainstorm

As you can see I brought it back to basics of just looking at each individual word and putting a few buzzwords or keywords underneath to begin looking into them more in depth.

For example the goals of character design I looked at every word separately so for
GOAL :
 Culture- Where is this avatar from, representation?
 Era-       What century does this take place - games such as assassins creed compared to grand theft                    auto
CHARACTER:
 Sex-       Male or Female...
 Species-  Human/Animal? (Suited for different audiences .... relationship built between player and                       avatar) 
 Villain-  Good, Bad, Evil, Normal?

DESIGN:
 Clothing- What outfit to fit storyline ?
 Cultural/ Geographical Norms? - Is there relevant items and locations to the story and character
 Practicality- Is the game practical to play.


Then I looked into The Relationship between player and avatar...

RELATIONSHIP:
Inspirational traits?- Does this avatar inspire player?
Likeability- Is this avatar likable...does player enjoy the avatars point of view.

PLAYER:
Age- Is the avatar's action suitable for the age of players
Interest- Is the avatar interesting enough for the player to play

AVATAR:
Similarities- Is the game similar to real world problems...catching the player
Choice of Life- Is the avatar's choice of living relatable or different to player



I am not to sure if this is the correct way to actually do this approach but my plan is to look deeper into all of the above I have mentioned on websites such as TU Dublin's archives and google scholar


But for now that's all I have on the beginning of this book !

See you soon 




Comments