Game Brainstorm






Hello again :)

Today I am talking about my project ideas for my very own game! This took me a while to do as to be quite honest I don't play games unless its your little basic mobile games like the most popular in the world right now - Mario kart. But other than that games are not my forte. Finding ideas wasnt hard but finding the correct names for their genre was very hard. I didn't even know a games had different types.


So after reading up about different genres I came up with a few games I used to play and decided to work from that.

My first idea was a quest. Like every game in the world there is a mission or quest involved but deep into genre there is specific games like a storybook but your choices effect them. It's exactly like our Twine project last year. I based my research of a game for the Playstation console called "Life is Strange"(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURVxvIZrmU). While I have never played it I did look into it before choosing to write about this one.
Life is Strange is a live story quest of a young teenage girl dealing with different problems going though her life. I would like to create a game similar to this about maybe a folklore- for educational purposes. Maybe to promote Irish, to promote culture.



My second idea was platform. Every classic mobile game is based on platform or even arcade game. Every person as at least once got a little bit addicted to trying to win pac-man or something similar.
I want to create a funny platform game as a silly animation of college students running on the platform avoiding the things that can ruin the game (assignments, night out ,tiredness). I think it would be fun and relatable to play a game like this as its just simple.


                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/85217387@N04/8749561958

My third idea was simulation. Everyone knows the game The Sims- there's no need to even try explain it. It's a classic along with other simulation games like Minecraft. This would probably be one of the more difficult games to design. I've looked into how to go about simulation games and it does seem quite complex. But saying that I do want to learn more about the genre. I would like for my potential game to be one about building homes. For looking at making a simulation game I found a really good YouTuber that done a step by step tutorial.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgy7Lm3hH8)



                   https://lifehacker.com/download-the-sims-4-for-free-right-now-1834979262



Out of all my ideas I think I personally like the platform one best. I think it would be real fun to make a silly little game that would make people have a fun and relaxed time playing it. I think it would be a good game for just down time or procrastinating which every college student is well capable of.


But that's all for now,

see yous all soon :)





Comments

  1. Hey Jennifer,
    I like your idea of making a quest game. I think it would be awesome because i feel like there isn't much of them being made. I like the way the choices you make might effect you later on in the game. I really love your idea for the second game idea of making a game based students. I would find it funny in a game where i'm avoiding all things to do with students because i always seen to be doing it real. Anyway i really enjoyed reading your game ideas and i hope whatever you choose works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer
    I loved all of your game idea but out of all of them I think I personally liked the platform one the best. I think it would really fun game for you make and i have never seen a game made like this before which could be interesting. I like how the game is based on students and their daily struggles it will make the game fun and students might want to play it because they can relate to it in some way or another.I agree with you as good way for just down time or procrastinating which every student needs.Anyways i really enjoyed reading your game ideas they were all briallant and i can't wait to see which one you pick in the end.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment